Denver Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers for Senior Residents and Their Families
Most senior citizens enter nursing home care because they are unable to meet their basic needs independently. Oftentimes, this dependence is due to an injury or medical condition that results in immobility or limited mobility, and residents enter nursing home care expecting to receive the help they need to cope with their illnesses or injuries.
For seniors, one of the risks of immobility and limited mobility is the risk of developing bedsores. Bedsores (also known as pressure sores or pressure ulcers) can be painful and debilitating injuries, and they can also be easily avoided with proper nursing home care. Sadly, bedsores are among the most common injuries suffered by nursing home residents, and when bedsores lead to pain, suffering, complications and expensive medical bills, nursing homes need to be held accountable.
Your Denver Injury Attorneys for Claims Against Nursing Homes
Since bedsores can be avoided with proper care (in most cases, avoiding the early symptoms of bedsores is as simple as helping residents rotate in bed, providing them with pillows or helping them walk around), the development of a bedsore is usually evidence of nursing home neglect. When nursing homes are responsible for their residents’ medical conditions and injuries, Colorado law holds them accountable for the physical, financial and emotional consequences of their inadequate care.
This means that residents or their loved ones will often be entitled to compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Prescription costs
- Other out-of-pocket costs
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of enjoyment of life
At Levine Law, we help Denver-area nursing home residents and their families recover just compensation for abuse and neglect. We are passionate about what we do, and we believe in doing everything in our power to obtain justice for our clients. If you or a loved one has developed bedsore in a nursing home, we want to help you, and we encourage you to contact us promptly so that we can help you secure the medical attention you need and the financial compensation you deserve.
When Can You Seek Compensation for a Bed Sore Developed in a Nursing Home?
With the risk of serious complications, all bedsores should be treated as potential medical emergencies. Symptoms of bedsores resulting from nursing home abuse and neglect include:
- Stage 1 – Early symptoms of bedsores include pain, burning and itching sensations and skin that is red, blue or purple and warm to the touch.
- Stage 2 – As bedsores get worse, nursing home residents can experience more-visible skin damage and discoloration and open sores or blisters. Pain generally increases as well.
- Stage 3 – Severe bedsores appear as deep and crater-like wounds that expose damage beneath the surface of the skin.
- Stage 4 – In the worst cases, muscles, tendons, and bones may be exposed at the site of the injury. Pain is usually severe, and emergency medical attention is required.
Contact Us to Speak with a Lawyer for Free
For more information about how we help nursing home residents and families in cases of nursing home abuse and neglect, please contact us to arrange a confidential initial consultation. To speak with an attorney at our Denver, CO law offices for free, please call 303-333-8000 or tell us about your situation online now.