Denver Catastrophic Injury LawyerPrint Page
Any type of injury can feel like a life-changing catastrophe. Many injuries are mild or moderate, and those who suffer them can heal fully, returning in time to the jobs and hobbies they love.
Unfortunately, certain injuries cause permanent disabilities. These are injuries that change your life, that require ongoing medical care, that make it difficult or impossible to work and that will never allow you to live the same way as you did before. These injuries leave their victims coping with huge medical bills with no means of support, and they can leave families struggling to cope as well.
Many Denver personal injury lawyers are not equipped to handle catastrophic injury cases. Catastrophic cases are often much more complex and the stakes are much higher due to the need for lifetime support and care. The law firm of Levine Law specializes in catastrophic injury cases. We put our 20+ years of experience representing injured victims to work, and our dedicated Denver injury lawyers are never afraid to go the distance to ensure that the victims of catastrophic injuries get all of the compensation that they need and deserve.
Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Accidents, medical malpractice, and other harmful incidents can result in various types of catastrophic injuries. Catastrophic injury cases that our Denver injury lawyers handle include:
- Traumatic brain injuries - A traumatic brain injury can cause mood changes, fatigue, cognitive impairment, memory loss, and loss of muscle or organ function. Long-term behavioral and social problems can persist even after other symptoms have resolved.
- Spinal cord injuries - Spinal cord injuries can result in partial or complete paralysis, depending upon the extent of the injury and the part of the spine that was damaged. In the most tragic cases, a person will suffer complete paralysis including lack of feeling and motor function from the neck down. Millions of dollars in adaptive devices and medical care may be necessary to help those with a spinal cord injury.
- Burn injuries - Third and fourth degree burns can cause nerve damage that causes lifelong pain, loss of feeling, and other problems. You may have permanent scarring and suffer ongoing pain and limits in functionality as a result of serious burns.
- Amputation - Limbs can be lost in auto accidents, crushing injuries, medical malpractice incidents, and workplace accidents, among other incidents. In some cases, the severed limb can be reattached, but in others a prosthesis may be required. Typically, extensive physical therapy is required and people may need multiple prosthetic limbs over the course of their lives.
- Damage to internal organs - This can require organ transplants, lifetime care, ongoing follow-up surgeries, and other serious health problems. Often, damage to internal organs is life-threatening.
- Vision or hearing loss - Many different types of accidents and injuries can cause blindness or deafness. A vision or hearing impairment can interfere with a person’s ability to work and to perform basic life functions.
These are just some of the types of catastrophic injuries that you may endure as a result of an accident or injury. If you or your loved one has suffered from catastrophic injuries that resulted in death, consult our Denver personal injury lawyers for help.
Trust the Lawyers at Levine Law after Your Catastrophic Injury
To ensure you are represented by a top-notch attorney with the dedication and personal injury experience, contact the Denver injury law firm of Levine Law. Our caring and knowledgeable lawyers will evaluate your case and outline your options. Your consultation is free and you pay no legal fees for representation unless we win, so you have nothing to lose. Phones are answered 24-7, so give us a call now at (303) 333–8000.