Misdiagnosis? Speak with a Denver Medical Malpractice Lawyer for Free
Misdiagnoses, including incorrect diagnoses and failures to diagnose, can lead to devastating consequences for patients and their families. When general practitioners and specialists fail to identify the cause of their patients’ symptoms, the ensuing failure to treat can result in dangerous complications and the potential for irreversible damage. Misdiagnosis is among the most-common forms of medical malpractice, and at Levine Law we fight to make sure victims of these costly medical mistakes receive the compensation they deserve.
Why are Misdiagnoses So Common?
There is not one single factor that is to blame for the high rate of misdiagnosis in Colorado hospitals and doctor’s offices. Like other forms of medical malpractice, there are a variety of issues that can come into play, and understanding your legal rights requires a critical assessment of the medical and legal principles involved. Our attorneys have extensive experience in medical malpractice insurance settlements and courtroom litigation involving misdiagnoses; and, when you schedule for your free consultation, we will assess the unique facts of your case to determine whether you may be entitled to a financial recovery.
Some of the most common factors in cases involving misdiagnoses include:
- Failure to obtain necessary information from the patient
- Failure to conduct a thorough physical examination
- Failure to order necessary tests (such as x-rays or CT scans)
- Failure to identify the signs of an illness or injury when reviewing test results
- Failure to accurately interpret a patient’s symptoms or perform an appropriate differential diagnosis
- Failure to schedule follow-up appointments
- Hospital administration errors (such as mixing up patient records)
Diseases and Other Conditions that are Commonly Misdiagnosed
From broken bones and soft tissue injuries to life-threatening illnesses and diseases, all medical conditions have the potential to be misdiagnosed. At Levine Law, we handle cases involving misdiagnosis of all illnesses and injuries. This includes cases involving:
- Cancer Misdiagnosis – We represent clients who have received misdiagnoses of melanoma, breast cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer, thyroid cancer and other cancers.
- Heart Attack (MI) Misdiagnosis – Heart attacks, or myocardial infarctions (MI), are misdiagnosed with alarming frequency. The symptoms are similar to those of other medical conditions, and physicians will often assume that patients are suffering from less-serious conditions.
- Radiological Misdiagnosis – Failing to perform x-rays, examining the wrong part of a patient’s body, and misinterpreting scans are all common forms of radiological malpractice.
- Stroke Misdiagnosis – Like heart attacks, strokes are commonly misdiagnosed due to the similarity of symptoms with other less-serious medical conditions. Failure to diagnose a stroke can quickly lead to dire consequences, and victims of stroke misdiagnosis deserve to be adequately compensated.
Contact Levine Law in Denver, CO for a Free Consultation
If you believe that you or a loved one may have been misdiagnosed, we encourage you to contact us to discuss your case. We provide free case evaluations, and we do not charge any fees unless we win just compensation. To speak with a medical malpractice lawyer at our law offices in Denver, please call (303) 333-8000 or submit your case online today.