Pedestrian AccidentsPrint Page
Denver is a great city for walking. Unfortunately, when pedestrians share the road with cars and motorcycles, accidents sometimes occur. Pedestrian accidents are often dangerous or even deadly for the pedestrian, who has no protection to absorb the impact of the collision. When serious and permanent injuries result, pedestrians are left unable to work and must fight to cope with expensive medical costs.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a pedestrian crash and suffered an injury, you may be entitled to compensation from the driver responsible. An experienced Denver accident lawyer can help you to take legal action, and the attorneys at Levine Law are experienced in assisting pedestrian accident victims.
Pedestrian Accident Dangers
Pedestrian accidents occur for many reasons. Common causes of pedestrian crashes include:
- Drivers who are distracted and who fail to pay attention to pedestrians.
- Drivers who are drunk and who do not see or stop for pedestrians, or who veer onto sidewalks and crosswalks.
- Drivers who are drowsy or fatigued and who fall asleep or fail to pay attention at the wheel.
- Drivers who are speeding and who lose control of their vehicles.
- Pedestrians who cross at areas other than a designated crosswalk.
- Pedestrians who cross against the traffic signal.
- Drivers who fail to obey traffic signals.
- Slow-moving hybrid or electric vehicles that are silent and pedestrians are not able to detect.
Many pedestrian accidents occur when the driver of the motor vehicle is negligent and fails to respect the rights of the pedestrian to share the road. When this occurs and a pedestrian is injured or killed in the resulting accident, then the pedestrian or surviving family members may be entitled to compensation. An injured pedestrian can file a personal injury lawsuit, or family members may file a wrongful death suit. The case may also be settled outside of court through negotiation with the insurance company. Compensation can include pain and suffering, medical costs, lost income, and emotional distress damages.
Getting Legal Help from a Denver Accident Lawyer
Because pedestrian accidents so often result in death or serious injury, the damage awards or settlements are often large with a great deal at stake. Therefore, it is important to have an experienced accident lawyer represent you after your pedestrian accident.
At Levine Law, our Denver auto accident attorneys have extensive experience handling pedestrian accident cases. Give us a call today at (303) 333–8000 and learn more about how we can help you. Phones are answered 24-7 and your consultation is free.